Frequently asked questions, answered
There are important questions to ask any electrician before hiring them; here we answer these questions
1. Do you have any official qualifications?
Yes we do;
Chris Beeney (proprietor) holds the following qualifications
- National Certificate in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- City & Guilds (2382-15) Level 3 - Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2008 17th Edition Amd 3
- City & Guilds (2392-10) Level 2 - Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification
- EAL Level 3 Award In the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- ECS Gold Card Holder - JIB Graded as a Maintenance Electrician
Simon Wood holds the following qualifications
- City & Guilds (2382-15) Level 3 - Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2008 17th Edition
- City & Guilds (2392-10) Level 3 - Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment
- EAL Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers
2. Are you Part P registered?
Yes; Chris is registered with ELECSA's Part P Competent Person Scheme for contractors working on electrical installations in domestic properties (click here to view our registration). This ensures that all electrical work carried out however big or small complies with the relevant building regulations.
3. Are you registered with a regulatory body?
Yes, we are an ELECSA registered business and are therefore able to provide you with the ELECSA Platinum Promise – a promise that protects you against all non-compliant electrical work.
Should any of our work be found not to comply with the Building Regulations or relevant electrical installation standards, ELECSA will instruct us to go back and carry out the work to the required standard.
If we are no longer in business or dispute the matter, ELECSA will have the work rectified by another registered contractor at no extra cost to you.
The Platinum promise is valid for up to six years from the date of the completion of the original work and covers work up to a maximum of £25,000 for any one installation.
4. Are you insured to work in my home?
Yes, Juice Electrical Services has Public Liability insurance to the value of £5,000,000.
This covers us to work in houses, blocks of flats, shops, offices, doctors' surgeries, hotels, guest houses,
public houses and restaurants.
We are more than happy to show customers our insurance documentation on request.
5. Have you been cleared to work with or near vulnerable adults?
Yes; Chris has been fully vetted and passed the government’s enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks.
Remember, before allowing anyone into your home to carry out work, ask to see their official identification.
By taking these precautions, you'll protect your personal safety and security and guarantee the long-term safety and security of your home or work premises.
At Juice Electrical, we will always bring our ID and paperwork with us.